CUPBOARD BY GRACE NEXT DISTRIBUTION
MONDAY November 09th 3:30-5:30 p.m.
COVID MODIFIED PROCESS
1. RECIPIENTS WILL REMAIN IN THEIR VEHICLES
2. DRIVE THROUGH PICK UP AT PANTRY (4111 Paradise)
3. VERBAL REGISTRATION
4. PRODUCE & SACKS OF GROCERIES WILL BE PLACED IN POPPED OPEN TRUNKS OR TRUCK BEDS
Due to the continuation of COVID-19, we are trying some new things to help both our recipients and volunteers:
· As a result of many organizations currently distributing food, we are only doing one distribution per month at this time. However, we are doubling the amount of food given, beginning in August, to help cover a two week period.
· To better assist with the social distancing suggestions, we are decreasing the number of people we have to sack, and are rotating families/individuals.
· With distributions currently at once per month, we are limiting our donated food items from Wal-mart to only dry (canned, boxed, packaged), frozen, and bakery (bread, etc. that can be frozen). This way we never have to worry about produce or milk going bad from the time we receive it to the time of distribution. The WFAFB will continue to provide fresh produce to us on our days of distribution. We also continue to receive food donations from United, periodically.
~Joyce Records, Cupboard Director
LITTLE DRESSES FOR AFRICA
The Mission & Outreach Team is promoting “Little Dresses for Africa” and is asking those who have the ability, to make dresses and/or pants.
Various sized patterns for dresses and pants can be downloaded from this site, just click on the name below:
Little Dresses for Africa
If need be, we can print off patterns for you in the church office (see Mary Jane or Pastor George).
They will ship another box load when we receive at least 10 dresses or pants or combination. Thank you for bringing joy to these children with your gift of time and talent.
For those of you who either love to put puzzles together, or those who want to give it a try, please remember we have a wide selection of themes and puzzle pieces (ranging from 125-1000), and various ages to choose from to check out. We are fortunate to have such a selection and are grateful to each person who has donated to this “library”! Recently, 24 newly donated puzzles have been received-22 single puzzles and 2 multi-pack puzzles (one has 10 puzzles, one has 8).
So come check out our “library” and try your hand at a creative challenge. Puzzles are located in the “Explorers” Sunday school room on the south bookshelves. Check out instructions are posted. If you have puzzles to donate, please place all puzzle pieces in a zip lock bag to prevent lost pieces, and place in the box outside my office door. I’ll prepare them for checkout. Returned puzzles go in the same box and I will prepare them for the next person.
There is nothing “common” about the ladies in Common Threads. They are all unique individuals that share their talents with people that are suffering or are in need.