You can join our services on Facebook Live!
Just like First Presbyterian Church of Vernon on Facebook and join us on Sunday Mornings at 10:50 a.m.
Here is a summary of what guidelines our church will be following for the near future:
– If you are ill we encourage you to stay home and join us via Facebook.
– If you are at-risk, 65 or older we encourage you to wear a mask, observe social distancing guidelines.
– Entering and exiting the sanctuary will only be through the center doors.
– To ensure proper social distancing, please be seated by family units, and provide six feet between family units. Please sit in alternating pews in order to assure a safe distance between people.
– We encourage the use of hand sanitizer that will be available for use as you enter/exit the sanctuary.
– We encourage the wearing of masks that cover the mouth and nose, when entering and exiting the sanctuary.
– Exiting the service will be done similar to funeral protocol. The pastor will invite family units out of the sanctuary by row.
– There will be a nursery or childcare provided for those that feel comfortable. We invite and welcome your children and infants into the worship service with us, as well.
– Our office hours are now Monday-Friday from8 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
It is time for our Annual Church meeting. We will be presenting the budget for 2021 and voting on the Elder Class of 2023. Please mark this on your calendars for Sunday, November 8th.
As with everything else we will be navigating new territory in our business meeting. We plan to have worship in the sanctuary and on Facebook. We will end the worship service and Facebook time and then enter into a new Facebook posting for the meeting portion.
If you join us for the meeting via Facebook, you will be able to vote during the meeting using the comment feature. You will just have to type in “Yes” or “No” at the appropriate times. If you have a nominee for elder, type her/his name in the comment feature. Remember, in order to nominate an individual for Elder, you must have received their permission ahead of time.
Please be in prayer for this meeting format, that all will go as smoothly as possible.
First Presbyterian Church of Vernon, TX is getting ready to turn 135! In 2023, we will have been united as a church body for 135 years. Amazingly, this is the same year we celebrate being in our current building for 55 years! Do you think we should celebrate these milestones? We are seeking those who would like to work on the celebration. If you are someone that is interested, please call the church office. The time to plan and prepare will fly by. You don’t want to miss being a part of this historic event.