First Presbyterian Church of Vernon

First Presbyterian Church of Vernon TexasFirst Presbyterian Church of Vernon was formed in 1888 and was a congregation made up of members of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, the Presbyterian Church U.S. and the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. After many years and much reorganization within the church, ground was broken for the building of a new church at the corner of Paradise and Yucca Lane, which is the location of First Presbyterian Church presently. Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)The church was dedicated on June 2, 1968. The construction of the church reflects the Gothic Architecture of the time with a sandstone structure complemented with stained glass windows and the beautiful rose window overlooking the sanctuary. More »